Tuesday 10 December 2013

I am 17!

So again I must apologise for neglecting this blog. Sorry.

But it was my birthday on Friday, and now I am 17! Loads of my friends are getting driving lessons for their birthdays, but I'm not - turns out my parents' cars are the two most expensive to insure for under 24s. Instead, I got.... a Cambridge satchel!! It's a 15", and it's red. I like red. I also got a red spotty purse and lots and lots of books (not complaining). One of my other best gifts was a sheep hottie which I have named Minimoy. I suppose I must now give context: the French name for the film "Arthur and the Invisibles" is "Arthur et des Minimoys", and it took my friend and I a long time to work out the word "Minimoy" when we had to translate a film review. We have since adopted it into our respective idiolects, along with "le wifi", which my French teacher thoroughly hates.

It was our school music concert yesterday evening, and I was performing as part of the second steel band, Panem (formerly Pan O'Chocolat - don't even ask). We played "Hot Hot Hot", and had a really great time, although we had to say goodbye to our old LSP (Leader of Student Progress - Head of Year), as it was his last concert before he leaves to be Head of Music at a new school after Christmas. It was very sad - he was our LSP for five years, from year 7 to 11, and I will miss him enormously, as he was a fantastic influence, and he was very easy to talk to.

In a whirlwind week of performances, it's our school dance show tomorrow, and I will be in two dances, and I'm also being a runner, and I have to introduce one of the dances. To 400+ people. It would be an understatement to say that I am terrified. I haven't done public speaking since year nine (three years ago), and I absolutely hated it. So that'll be fun.

Anyway, au revoir and adiĆ³s, and I'll try to update you on the speech on Friday, as I'm babysitting then, and will have (hopefully) abundant free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment