Monday 30 September 2013

How You Can Help a Child to Walk


See. It's only been a week. I'm not late.

I have to say that I am surprised at that, as I have had a LOT of homework recently, but to be honest, it is too late to be writing about the law on advertising in French. 

Now on to my main point: my little cousin, Daniel, is six, and has cerebral palsy. This means that he can't walk, or even stand, unaided. He has been offered the chance to have an operation which will cut the spastic nerves in his spine and allow him to learn to walk. This is an amazing opportunity for him, but it is only possible to have this surgery in the USA. His family are trying to raise £55,000 to cover the cost of this surgery and Daniel's physiotherapy afterwards, but they can't do it without our help. I have managed to persuade the Performing Arts lot at school to feature One Big Step for Daniel (his charity) as their main charity in the Christmas Dance Show this year, but even though this week the total has smashed through the 2/3 mark, it could still use your help.

Daniel's JustGiving page is here.
This is his website.

Please. You could change a little boy's life by helping him to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment